29.7.11

Not a Staycation



 Richmond Summer Night Market

This is beautiful, and so is this. I want to crawl up into a bunch and read poetry under an HBC blanket. Once I get home, that is.

I've been down in the greater Vancouver area for several days now. I got to go through a full-body scanner at the airport due to my metal belt. I got lost on Commercial Drive and spent most of my time in Stanley Park trying to figure out how to get out. I've walked my relatives' wild dog, met my cousin's son who is 2.5 and often repeats "But why?". I've gone to thrift stores in Delta and visited my 88-year-old granny.  I've made mistakes even during these holidays, and wasted time, and I am slowly coming to accept that. At least I am still in the moment even when I'm riding a bus back and forth or just making dinner with my aunt. Not every vacation has to be full of tourist expeditions, and I'm glad this one isn't. This weekend I hope to hit up a museum or art gallery and see another relative or two.


If you're reading this, remember that you can breathe and do everything imperfectly and most of the time it will still be all right.


No comments:

Post a Comment

マッハ Go Go Go!