7.11.10

Local Eats: kabuki japanese restaurant

 

from loosenyourbelt @ blogspot.com

Friday night – by the way, I’ve had my nostril piercing for a week now! – I went out with my sig. other to have some japanese food at the newest restaurant of its kind to open near the university : Kabuki.

Off the top of my head, there are three other restaurants within walking distance: Kyoto, Yokozuna, and Tokyo Sushi. They’ve all been there a long time and have similar pricing.

Although I’ve read some so-so reviews online, the service was very good! It seems to be family run, and has some pleasant decor (although a bit crowded). I ordered the sake-don (salmon sashimi on rice) and my partner got one of the dinner boxes with a side of sake. Of course there was green tea and miso soup, though I still dislike miso. Overall the prices were fair and the food was filling. It’s not levels above all the other restaurants in the area, but good enough to certainly try!

 

I also got a chance to speak some of my 8-year-old-child-level japanese to a waitress for practice, which was fun! りっぱなレストランですね。

No comments:

Post a Comment

マッハ Go Go Go!