26.9.10

Learning to Blow Bubbles

This weekend I did have some small victory in the world. Yes, I spent a lot of it wading through dregs of homework assignments and readings. But I learned one valuable thing, something I’d given up on years ago -
Blowing a bubble with (bubble) gum.

(image from tumblr)


I can’t do a variety of things – notably, I can’t roll my R’s and I can’t whistle. And, I’ve never been able to blow bubbles in gum. I was the kid who would try for a couple of minutes, end up making a raspberry noise and no discernable shape at all with the gum, and resign myself to chewing it until the flavour was lost. More recently, I haven’t bought ‘bubble gum’ specifically for years.

This weekend I was using up some that I’d bought on a whim at Dollarama – and, to my fascination, my SO was kind enough to sit me down and show me how exactly to blow a bubble. I at various time took it out of my mouth and stretched it, just to make sure I was doing it right.

And the result – I now have the ability to blow bubbles. Mind you, I can’t make very big bubbles yet – I think I’m holding my breath a bit too much – but I can consistently, and well, blow bubbles in my damned bubble gum.

The 5-10 year old inside of me is hyper-fière.  And for what my $0.02 are worth, Bubblicious is far superior to Hubba-Bubba.

No comments:

Post a Comment

マッハ Go Go Go!